Nicola Mansfield's Reviews > Babymouse Burns Rubber

Babymouse Burns Rubber by Jennifer L. Holm

Dec 13, 10

Read in December, 2010

This book is a Cybils '10 nominee and as a panelist for Graphic Novels this is required reading for me.

#12. Babymouse Burns Rubber. 96 pgs. Jan. 12, 2010 - Babymouse's friend can fix anything and she has always brought her broken stuff to him and he fixes it for her. While there she finds him working on his dream project, a soap box race car. This is the first year he has been old enough to enter and he encourages BM to enter too. Of course, she ends up bringing her problems to him and he ends up building the car for her to the detriment of his own car. Babymouse learns about abusing a friendship. Can't say this one really did anything for me at all. The imagination scenes are always the best in these books but aliens being killed by fractions, an "around the world in 80 days" take-off and the inevitable Star Wars scenario just didn't get any chuckles out of me. Of course the kids, and we're really talking girls here, who love the series are going to want to read this as much as any other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Babymouse Burns Rubber.