Faye's Reviews > Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Mar 19, 2011

bookshelves: vampires-characters, first-in-series, book-i-love-thus-the-5-stars, read-in-2011, favorites, 18-and-above, romance
Recommended to Faye by: Izzy:)
Recommended for: everyone who swoons to vampires
Read from March 14 to 19, 2011

March 19, 2011: review to follow when I could catch my breath!

okay, here it is. haha! so, what could I say about the book? nowadays, I refrain from books that have vampires or werewolves because of the fact that it seems all the book that I've read last year were about them and the allure that they have was kinda off (call it desensitize or whatever) but I think most readers would know my point.

another point is, I've read a fairly good books that my standards for vampire-related books are high, to cite examples, I loved the Vampire Academy and the Black Dagger Brotherhood which are written by two wonderful authors that I kind of double take before I decided to read this one (much on the high recommendation of my friend, Belle) and most of the vampire written books now are sorry, but I think the originality or the good, not-yet-told plot was very lacking.

to cut my review short, (hahaha) I find this book really very good because it is original so far. Cat, the lead character is a half-vamp who killed those creatures with pointed toothy-fangs because she wanted her mother to accept her and wanted to gain approval from her. Like Timmie said, it was kind of stupid but hell, yeah, it happens in real life too.

then enter Bones. My gosh! He's just perfect! A powerful Master, a very formidable enemy yet a very tender and caring person to Cat. What could a girl ask for more?? So yeah, I was swooned. Could you blame me? haha.

I loved the story because the conflicts and the twist goes on and on until you realized that you just finished reading the last page and all you want to do is get hold of the second book and read right away!
It's original, Cat is feisty and I love her character because she's no-I-am-the-damsel-in-distress, she has a strong will yet she loves her mother so much and Bones, aside from being hot, he is the kind of guy that perfectly suits Cat's feisty attitude.

I would highly recommend this to everyone who wants a high-speed adventure with vampires.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halfway to the Grave.

03/14/2011
20.0% "so far so very good! (i know it's redundant) but it is so freaking good! lol"
03/17/2011
45.0% "i'm loving this book so much, i'm considering not to review for an exam. lol"
show 1 hidden update…

Izzy:) Omg! i kno exactly what u mean! when i read this series i was sucked in, and nothin else mattrd!!hahaha...midterms, persentations, reports and essays...phhhffff what do those matter!lol

Faye hahaha! yeh. i'm halfway already, on the part where they already had a "thing" going on. hahaha. :)

Faye thanks joyzi. :)