Didi's Reviews > Lover Unleashed

Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

Dec 17, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-shifter-supernatural, romance, series
Read from November 17 to December 12, 2011

As much as I looked forward to this book, I didn't expect that I would like it this much. Though technically, based on the how the BDB series went, this is supposed to be Payne and Manuel story, I wouldn't say that. There are others' stories, and other couple(s) besides these two.
There are Butch-Vishous, Vishous-Jane, Layla-Qhuinn, Qhuinn-Blay, Blay-Sax; not to mention Xcor and Throe, de la Cruz and Veck.
In romance department, this may yet be the most busy volume with some steamy scenes, bromance, m/m, m/f/m, and bdsm involving some of the characters I'd rather not mention. Maybe this is why why it got most voted as Best Romance on 2011 Goodreads Choice Awards. :)

Some alert though: those of you not following the series from Dark Lover up to Lover Mine, the story continuation and characters development might be a bit difficult to follow. And if you're also a reader of JRW's Fallen Angel's series, the aforementioned Veck is the main character's of JRW's Envy: A Novel of the Fallen Angels

Seeing as this BDB story still continues on - the soon released will be
Lover Reborn - I strongly believe some of the above couples will have their follow-up stories (I bet on Payne-Manuel, Qhuinn-Blay; or rather, I hope. :D )

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unleashed.

11/29/2011 page 33
7.0% "How many offspring Bloodletter actually had remains to be seen... :s"
12/10/2011 page 286
58.0% "Romance, bromance, male/male, you name it. Bloody scenes, though not gruesome. It'd take a while for non-BDB reader to follow though with so many characters and unexplained background storie..."
show 3 hidden updates…