Sean Smith's Reviews > Honored Enemy

Honored Enemy by Raymond E. Feist

M_50x66
Feb 28, 11

Read in February, 2011

I haven't read any of Feist's other novels so I started this book with a clean slate. It covers the adventures of a group of soldiers called the Marauders as they fight their mortal enemy the Tsurani. I don't want to include much more, as it spoils many of the initial plot twists, but suffice to say there is much more depth to the plot.
This is one of those books that you really just need to finish. I would have given it 2 stars about half-way through. Many of the characters felt static and I really didn't feel interest in seeing how the book ended. That all changed, however, about 100 pages before the end.
At that point, I really began to have an interest in what happened to Dennis and Asayage (the main characters). It is also at this point that the characters seem to change and become far less static. These new dynamic traits really kept me reading and I am glad I did finish the book.
All-in-all, this is a less than mediocre book that really sells you in the closing chapters. If you like fantasy that is focused war and the adventures of almost super-human protagonists, then this is up your alley. If you are looking for a book that will immerse you in its intricate lore and epic plot, you might want to stay clear of this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honored Enemy.