Jodie's Reviews > Amy Inspired

Dec 14, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: 2010
Read from November 17 to December 07, 2010

Amy Inspired is the story of a Amy Gallagher. She wants to be a writer, but has not had any of her articles published yet. Amy teaches at a local college and has her "To do before thirty" list that she still has yet to check anything off on. Realizing that her life is not quite the way she planned it, she knows something has to change.

I just don't even know where to begin about my feelings for this book. I was really disappointed. I have a hard time starting a book and not finishing it, especially when the book was given to me to review. I really had to force myself to keep reading. I understand that most of the book was Amy growing into an adult, but at the same time, I felt like it was too slow. I'm still not sure I understand what the point of the story was. The back cover talks about mysterious Eli, but really, hardly any of the book talked about that relationship, not like most romantic novels I read. So, I couldn't really connect with that relationship and route for it. I just really felt like the book was a lot of "fluff" and not a lot of "meat." Now, that could be because it is written in first person (which I don't like) or because I really never went through that phase and I am married with three kids, but I can usually still get into a book where the characters lives are nothing like mine. While I do appreciate the struggles of this young woman growing and trying to find her place, unfortunately, I just didn't enjoy the book. :(
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy Inspired.