Andrea Hussey's Reviews > The Awakening

Dec 12, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: favorites
read count: 2

I really like this series, and this book was good. I can't wait to read the next one. But there are a few things in there that just get under my skin.
Take the stuttering thing for example. The girl stutters from beginning to end, until I just want to reach into the book and smack her.
And what’s up with the whole, interrupting people's conversations thing? I swear, every time a character opens their mouth, someone is right their to interrupt them. It would be a true miracle if someone could just complete a sentence. I would probably fall out of my chair in shock.
And Chloe, can you do anything?
Because so far, I just think she’s completely powerless and useless. She lets Derek boss her around, and she lets Tori talk crap about her, and instead of saying or doing something to stick up for herself, she just takes in all in silence. GROW A FREAKIN BACKBONE FOR GOD’S SAKES!!!!

And is it just me, or is the book rated E for everyone? Here we are in the second book, and it is as dry as a bone. Nothing happens, oh wait, there was some hand holding. How could I forget?
I mean are they sixteen, or are they in elementary school where girls and boys have coodies?

And if she likes Derek why doesn’t she make a move or something? They go through all this crap together and absolutely NOTHING happens. Is Kelley Armstrong writing a book for teenagers or children? Because if you wanted a book where nothing even remotely romantic happens between the guy and the girl then maybe you’re better suited writing for little kids.

And what is up with the whole werewolf changing? I didn’t know what was up with Derek. He was spewing throw up all over the bushes, and tendons were popping, and bones were moving, and I was desperately trying to keep my food down. Can we come up with something a little less nauseating?

But all in all, it is a good book. But when I read The Reckoning, there had better be some romance in there, or else I am so done with this series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.