NovelReaction's Reviews > Sunrise Over Texas

Sunrise Over Texas by M.J. Fredrick

Dec 12, 10

Kit follows her husband to the Texas frontier only to have him pass away. Sunrise Over Texas byM.J. Fredrick begins in 1826 with Kit having been left behind at a fort in Indian Country by the Texas military with few reserves and her mother and sister-in-law to care for. Kit does whatever it takes to keep the women alive, even going so far as to fire the cannon at the wall daily so the Indians will believe that the soldiers are still in the fort. As the food stores are getting depleted an stranger rides up to the gates and then collapses. Kit decides she has a duty to care for him but worries that it puts her family and herself at risk of starvation or even worse.

Trace Watson is a man haunted by the death of his beloved wife in childbirth. Not caring where he goes, Trace is surprised to wake up in a strange cabin with a beautiful woman taking care of him. As Trace recovers, he realizes the perilous position the women at the fort are in and how much he admires and is attracted to the determination and courage Kit displays. Despite having to traverse through Indian and outlaw territory, Trace decides to take the women to civilization.

Sunrise Over Texas is a fun read about the Texas frontier. The determination of Kit to do whatever is required to keep her family alive despite dealing with her grief. The author went a direction I totally didn’t expect in the middle of the story. I don’t like to give spoilers in my reviews, but if you are looking for a novel that goes somewhere unexpected but believable, this novel is it. I enjoyed Sunrise Over Texas by M.J. Fredrick, it was a nice quick read
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunrise Over Texas.