Slayermel's Reviews > 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1

30 Days of Night, Vol. 1 by Steve Niles

Dec 12, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010, 21st-century, fantasy, graphic-novels, horror, library, made-into-film, male-authors, paranormal, vampires
Recommended for: Horror fans who like Graphic novels
Read on December 12, 2010 , read count: 1

I think I came in to this with higher hopes then I should have. The premise of the story is an interesting one to me. Vampires invading a town in Alaska that does not see the sun for 30 days! I mean really that's like a Vampires dream, is it not? I have never seen the movie so the Graphic novel is all I have to go on. I wish the story could have been developed and explored a bit more. I liked the ancient vampire’s opinion on the whole matter, as it made sense to me.

The illustrations in this story where too dark and all over the place for my liking, with constant use of black with red blotches. I guess I just have more of an appreciation for the detailed drawings of other artists.
Definitely an interesting read though, and I will try some more of the series to see if the story develops some more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 30 Days of Night, Vol. 1.