Kricket's Reviews > Miki Falls, Volume 1: Spring

Miki Falls, Volume 1 by Mark Crilley

Jan 25, 08

bookshelves: 2008, global-manga
Read in January, 2008

Miki starts her senior year of high school vowing to stop worrying about what other people think. So when the cute new student, Hiro, is a giant jerkface to everyone, she sees past his tough facade and makes friends with him. BUT Hiro has a secret, one that may destroy their friendship!

I wasn't really sure whether to call this manga or a graphic novel, but I settled on manga because it takes place in Japan and the main character, Miki, wears one of those ubiquitous sailor-style school uniforms. Also, it's shelved in the manga section of our teen room. However, you read from beginning to end and left to right in the style of a western graphic novel. (Joy, what do you think?)

Mark Crilley's art is goooorgeous! Seriously, seriously lovely stuff. The writing, as well, is worthy of accompanying the images, while still maintaining that shoujo manga plot style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miki Falls, Volume 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy (new)

Joy I'd call it global manga--that is, in the manga tradition, sorta, but not actually manga in the strictest sense of the word. That's also what I call Tokyopop's original English language stuff.