Kelly's Reviews > Dreamfever

251943
Dec 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010-favorites, read-in-2010
Read from December 27 to 28, 2010

*whimpers* This book chewed me up and spit me out. I tried my hardest to draw it out and make it last but the only way I could do that was to put the book down and physically walk away from it. There is no "just a page or two" with this series. Once you start reading you can't break free. It's just that compelling.

Oh, GOD! The beginning of this book KILLED me. I had my (not so) sneaking suspicions that Barrons would be a beast out of his clothes but this surprised even me. It was visceral and feral and it clawed you down with it. Basically, I loved it.

Every step our poor characters are forced to take isn't done lightly. Everything they do leads back to something else. Everything they have to endure is done as part of the driving arc. There is nothing here that happens just to happen. Quite frankly, that's incredible.

Mac has grow exponentially from book one. In fact, I thought she was insipid and shallow and couldn't imagine how she could be made to carry this fantastic series. That right there just goes to show that I know nothing, because Mac has become a fierce, driven creature who has so much power within her that just tapping into it gives her new insights. Karen Marie Moning took this pink-clad party princess and made her a weapon. She might have a few issues with who to trust, but she sure as hell knows how to battle her way out of the depths of hell.

My ideas about who and what Barrons is might have taken a slight beating but then they rebounded and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK. the guy is a mystery. A gorgeous, powerful mystery who can control forces beyond comprehension and who violently protects those that he thinks he might need in the future.

Utterly, utterly fantastic and one of my top reads for 2010.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamfever.

Quotes Kelly Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“Good and evil are merely opposite sides of a coin. Get tossed in the air enough, it's easy to come down on the wrong side.”
Karen Marie Moning, Dreamfever

Caroline (Bon Bons and Reveries) you will LOVE this book! It's my favorite in the whole series (so far)

Kelly Awesome! I picked it up becasue it had a great price, but I haven't read 2 or 3 yet. I'm going to have to get on that!