Sarah's Reviews > Bareback

Bareback by Chris Owen

Dec 12, 10

bookshelves: e-read, reviewed, western, m-m
Read in December, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Okay this book was going along great until it made me really, really mad. This couple was great together and though I thought there were too many sex scenes they were hot and these guys had chemistry. Until Tor cheated. I HATE cheating in my romance. I'm not talking about they broke up and he messed around with someone else, I'm not talking he had a one night stand after a fight with Jake. I'm talking he cheated on Jake with this other ranch hand multiple times for weeks, only coming clean once he was caught. It totally ruined the story for me. Not to mention how annoyed I got when everyone convinced Jake that he had a hand in Tor's cheating too (by letting his relationship get to where Tor would look to someone else...BS!) and so Jake forgives him eventually. But for me the fun and pleasure of the romance between the two was ruined. I admit the cheating and response to it was handled pretty realistically by the author but it's not what I want to see in my romance! There is a sequel and I am not sure if I'll read it or not, I'm in no rush.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bareback.