Susan's Reviews > Lover Mine

Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

Lover Mine, the 8th installment in J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, is possibly my favorite in the series yet! It's hard not to be moved by John's storyline, and not to "root" for him tirelessly over the span of the last few books as he discovered his true identity and found a real family. He is maybe my favorite brother-who-is-not-quite-a-brother-yet, and I was very pleased with his "happily ever after" with Xhex as well as his re-connecting with father-figure Thor.

Lover Mine is full of action and the drama and angst that is synonymous with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Fans of the series will also be delighted with the glimpses into Darius and Thor's past with Xhex, and the bit of avenging closure we've all been waiting for for several books now.

There are a couple of issues with Lover Mine - the paranormal reality side-story was irritating and confusing, at least until the end of the book and the "big reveal;" and for some reason, the set-up for the next book, Payne's story, was boring and distracted me from the main story. Still, overall Lover Mine was a big win in my book, and I will be looking forward to the next installment in 2011.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Mine.