Jennifer Estep's Reviews > Dylan

3197948
Sep 12, 13

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, western
Read in December, 2010

Montana Creeds: Dylan by Linda Lael Miller is the second book in her Montana Creeds contemporary western romance series.

After his daughter Bonnie's mother abandons her in his truck, Dylan Creed heads home to the family ranch in Montana. Dylan is determined to keep custody of Bonnie and to do that he needs his older brother (and lawyer) Logan's help, although he and Logan aren't on the best of terms right now. Back in town, Dylan also rekindles an old romance with Kristy Madison, the town librarian. Kristy loves both Dylan and Bonnie but worries what's going to happen when Bonnie's mother is back in the picture -- or Dylan gets restless again. Plus, Kristy finds herself in the middle of a lot of people with a lot of secrets -- secrets worth killing for ...

As you've probably guessed by now, I'm going on something of a glom of Miller's books. What can I say? I'm a sucker for westerns, and Miller is one of the authors writing them right now.

I was somewhat disappointed by the first book in this series, which focuses on Logan, but I liked Dylan's book a smidge better. There was definitely more romance in this one, and I thought the relationship between Dylan and Kristy was portrayed in a realistic way. They both have a lot of hurt on both sides, but they work through their issues together.

However, there's a suspense plot in this one involving a couple of murders that just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the story all that well. Also, Dylan's daughter was a little too cutesy in places for me.

Overall, though, this is a decent read, and of course now that I'm two books in, I'll be finishing the trilogy.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dylan.