Mina's Reviews > Unearthly

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

F_50x66
May 31, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, favorites, for-review, young-adult
Read in May, 2011

Unearthly at first, didn't seem much appealing to me around the first 100 pages or so. It was quite slow paced. But, that's just the beginning of the book. It was bound to not have action right at the start. After I finished, I really did not mind. It totally rocked. I don't even realise why I was complaining when the book overall was definitely so so awesome. I just loved it!

One thing I really liked was how Clara knew she was an angel already. It wasn't something she discovered so it was nice to see how she approached certain situations. Heck, even if the angel part wasn't in the book, it still would have lived up to it's awesomeness.

I loved Clara straight away. She's a normal type of character, she's smart, timid and quite self centered. You'd sure want to be friends with her. But she wants to be more than friends with someone in particular... I had many expectations. I was guessing who she would probably be with. Let me just say, It's was a surprise. Clara and Christian. Clara and Tucker.

Hand's writing has much simplicity and power. It just kept me at pace and really engaged within the book. Her descriptions, characters, well everything was just great.

Unearthly is a unique addition to YA fiction. With an unpredictable storyline, exciting love story and breathtaking supernaturals, I can't wait to be more engrossed with the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unearthly.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I felt the same with the first 100 pages. Great review Mia :)