Tez's Reviews > Sin's Dark Caress

Sin's Dark Caress by Tracey O'Hara

Apr 28, 12

Read in April, 2012

Pregnant young women are murdered, their foetuses removed, with the Dark Brethren's mark left as a signature. The Womb Raider case has Detective Lancelot McManus and forensic thaumaturgist Dr Bianca Sin investigating the links between the victims, and predicting whom will be next.

It's safe to say that the Dark Brethren series has entered bonkers territory. Weird shiz makes me laugh, keeps me entertained, so I'm happy to go along on this ride. But be warned - there are talking dragons. I'm used to this from animated TV comedies, not books, so in my mind the talking dragons sound like when Futurama's Nibbler pontificates. Hopefully the author meant this as comic relief, or else I'm laughing inappropriately. I do love Kedrax's bond with Bianca's cat, Vincent. I love that kitty! He's not parahuman, but he's a great little accomplice. There's also mention of "erotic plant manipulation", but we don't see it in action. Still makes me laugh.

As for the serious stuff, the Dark Brethren are breaking through, but as this is the last contracted novel, we may not get closure. So if you want to learn more about the Dark Brethren, be sure to drum up sales of Night's Cold Kiss, Death's Sweet Embrace, and Sin's Dark Caress, and hopefully we'll get a Book 4 in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin's Dark Caress.