Kelly's Reviews > Undertow

251943
Dec 12, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, historical
Read from December 11 to 12, 2010

Oh, man. If I was ever to be stranded on an island with a hunky, ex-smuggler of a werewolf, let it be Victor. Please? Within the first few pages, you felt the pull Victor and his wolf felt toward Simone. He wanted her, his wolf wanted her wolf. She was drawn to him. Yet he pulls back repeatedly because he feels that the only reason she's turning to him is because his wolf is strong enough to protect her. It kills him to have to stay away but he wants all of her- heart, body and soul- and won't stand for anything less.

Victor honestly captivated me from the beginning. He's fighting so hard against his instincts because he needs to give her the chance to heal. For a criminal, he's pretty darn moral.

Needless to say, I think that Moira Rogers has once again given us a well-rounded, well plotted story. The characters come alive from page one and while I admittedly have a bit of a kink for a couple forced to spend time together against their will the entire situation felt very real and organic. As the second book in the Building Sanctuary series, I do recommend reading them in order just so you can see the events that led up to this unconventional group of people to try to make a go of it on a blustery island.

I really, really enjoyed this book and can't wait for more stories set in this world.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undertow.