DarienMoya's Reviews > Blood Moon

Blood Moon by M.J. O'Shea

May 06, 11

bookshelves: m-m-a-z-challenge-2011, 2011-reads, gay-vamps, my-m-m-lovin, best-friends-getting-dirty
Read from March 04 to 25, 2011

^^PPFFFT BLOOD MOON MY ASS!^^

Blood Moon started out real interesting for me. It had a bit of mystery, sounded dark and sexy, and our main character was pining for his best friend. Therefore, I was really enjoying it, until it became a mush fest wrapped in more mush fest.

With a title like that, I was expecting blood, sex, and hot vampire action. I felt like I was reading about teenagers getting it on for the first time. Zach is back at the family cabin for his vacation, a place he would rather avoid. It brings back memories of his best friend, who was his first love and all that. One night of a hot kiss, and feelings confession he thought he would have spent the rest of his life with his best friend, and then he ups and disappear. Crushed by Noah’s rejection, the memories at the lake aren’t so good anymore. Well this year at the cabin is different, Noah is back and he wants to pick up right where they left off.

It seems that Noah is a vampire hunter (doesn’t it just sound exciting), and a stakeout gone badly leads to the death of his parents, and Noah becoming a vampire. His family is known for their vampire hunting skills, and they kill without asking questions. Imagine if they found out that one of their own was a monster, it would be lights out for Noah. So he hides until he can’t hide anymore, he can’t forget Zach and so this year he must have him.

What happens later is quite predictable. It’s all “I am a vampire but I love you don’t be afraid”, “I will be afraid for five minutes but I love you anyways so I can accept that you are undead”. Sex, lots of talking to get to know each other followed by sex, and meeting all the other things that go bump in the night. Throw in some family drama, a not so shocking moment and vampire turning that you saw coming and you have Blood Moon.

I really expected more angst from this book, I guess it was a romantic story, but I found the writing quite juvenile. I just felt like all the things that could have happened; did. I wanted more excitement, and I really wanted to like Noah and Zach a lot more, I just felt like they were the same character but with different names. I will read the second book in this series and am hoping it’s a lot better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Moon.

03/05/2011 page 48
27.0% "I would't believe him either.Hahahah!"
03/06/2011 page 43
24.0% "I don't think I really like this one, its kinda skoozy*corny*."
03/06/2011
43.0% "I don't think I really like this one, its kinda skoozy*corny*"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bookwatcher Ooohhhhhhhhh pity... I like it a lot.

DarienMoya I don't know Bk, it startedd out real strong and now its just mushy.

~♥I_Luv_2_Read♥~ I just finished reading it and I agree. It started strong, but then it was to girly for me. I hate when young guys are portrayed as feminine. I will read the next one hoping it will be better.

DarienMoya Yep it wasnt the feminine thing for me, it just became all kinds of easy. I wanted more rip neck, cus the way the hunters were prtrayed I was expecting HARD. It became a mush fest with a weak plot, seriously where were the rogues.

message 5: by Lili (new) - added it

Lili Haven't read the book but it sounds like the rogues got bored and went away... Great review Darien!

DarienMoya Lili wrote: "Haven't read the book but it sounds like the rogues got bored and went away... Great review Darien!"

Even they were boring, and so not bad ass. Such a bummer.

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) Totally agree... we are on the same page.

DarienMoya Heather K (dentist in my spare time) wrote: "Totally agree... we are on the same page."

The second book is a bit better and maybe later on I'll read the third one.