Jody's Reviews > Love Story

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Aug 16, 11

bookshelves: 2011, romance, favorite-authors, will-be-at-the-bookstore-to-get
Read from August 11 to 16, 2011

Jennifer Echols is one of my favorite romance writers. Love Story is a story of a girl and guy who in the past have both pined for each other but several incidents of life have gotten in the way. Erin is somewhat of a Stable Heiress who has gone her own way and is trying to make it through college without any help from her estranged Grandmother. Hunter is the stable boy who sets to inherit her birthrite because he wants to study business and Erin wants to be a writer. Hunter shows up in Erin's creative writing class just as they are sharing a story about him the Stable Boy. She is embarassed and doesn't know what to do. Hunter and Erin then begin to trade story through class both writing memories or stories to get their point across. Everyone around them can see the love they clearly have for each other. The biggest question is whether life will continue keep them apart or if they will get over all the obstacles.

This isn't my favorite from Echols but it is still a good read. I was thrown because it starts by reading Erin's Stable boy story which is set in the Victorian age. At first I thought there was a problem with my edition! But if you hang on there really is a good reason that the papers are included in the book. They are a metaphorical dialogue between Erin and Hunter. Hunter is really good a pushing Erin's buttons to get her to react. Erin often misconstues what he is saying. Echols characters always wrap me up in their termoil and romance. I can't really put my finger on why. He guys are always sweet yet very attractive without being push overs. I always know I am getting ready for an awesome romance if Jennifer Echols is on the cover!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Story.

Quotes Jody Liked

Jennifer Echols
“When I'd first brought it home from the thrift store, I'd planned to keep it in the closet I shared with Summer, But Jordis asked me to hang it in full view of the room because she liked the glitter.”
Jennifer Echols, Love Story

Jennifer Echols
“I saw why Hunter had looked so horrified at the idea of me staying in his house. The walls were covered in glossy posters of fast cars and movie starlets wearing thongs.”
Jennifer Echols, Love Story