Lyndsey's Reviews > Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

Dec 11, 10

bookshelves: reviewed-2010, reviewed-4-stars, audiobooks
Read in May, 2010

Buhwahahaha! This woman is easily the funniest woman in the entertainment industry. Yes, she's rude and crude, and definitely not for the prude. But I just can't help it. I love her. She brings out the evil maniacal laugh in me, if case you didn't already notice.

Since her other book is entitled "My Horizontal Life : A Collection of One-Night Stands", you can be fairly certain this book will also include sexual content as well as a lot of adult language. So if those make you uncomfortable, don't read this. At least not while others of a prudish nature are around.

She does have a deeply dark sense of humor. It seems to be all in good fun, though not necessarily good taste. I like to believe she's a softie at heart, just with a hard exterior. Nevertheless, she's entertaining to say the least.

I really recommend listening to the audio book. A sheet of paper just cannot capture the brilliance of her wit and sarcasm. Her voice can be slightly overwhelming at times, but if your feeling down, her stories will bring you, if nothing else, hilarity.

What are you going to do tonight, Chelsea Handler? Same thing she does every night - Try to take over the world. The entertainment world at least. *Evil laugh* For those of you lucky enough to afford cable television (I resort to the Internet, it's cheaper), her show is just as disturbing and just as funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.