Crystal's Reviews > Act Like We're in Love

Act Like We're in Love by Christi Barth

Dec 11, 2010

bookshelves: for-review, ebook-kindle, read-dec-2010
Read from December 11 to 12, 2010

Such a fun book. I think my favorite thing about Act Like We're In Love was the great characters Ms. Barth created. From Linnea and Luke to Ingrid and Wes, the characters were great together and separate. I loved their banter, the fun and the heat between the romantic interests. And you get all of that set to the backdrop of putting on a performance of Guys and Dolls.

First a confession - I love plays and musicals, love the theatre, but I have never seen Guys and Dolls, but it was fun to get a feel for it from this book. I am now hoping to see it one of these days. So with that confession out of the way, know that the production takes a backseat to the romance. It's the vehicle for the two main characters to get to know each other, but it's not as important to know the plot of Guys and Dolls to read the book.

Ms. Barth does a marvelous job of introducing the characters and giving them plenty of situations for each of them to grow in. I loved watching the missteps that each would make along the way to their happily ever after. The dialogue and romance kept things moving along and there was never a dull moment. Act Like We're In Love had me laughing out loud at times and it made me feel that wonderful feeling like I was falling in love for the first time as well. I think Ms. Barth does a wonderful job with the emotions as well as the dialogue.

Great romance, good heat and a fun plot to drive the book along make this a 5-star book to me. I look forward to reading more by Ms. Barth. Her type of romance is right up my alley and she has a great knack for characters, humor and romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Act Like We're in Love.

12/11/2010