Bookworm1858's Reviews > Cinderella: Ninja Warrior

Silver Dolphin Books, 2011
314 pages
YA/MG; Fairy Tale; Action
4/5 stars

Source: Received a free egalley via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I had no idea what to expect with this book; turns out it's a Choose Your Own Adventure with different paths for your Cinderella story to take. I love those but it's a bit harder with an e-reader than with a physical book. Regardless I made sure to read all of the possible paths.

And this book was a delight! I loved Cinderella and the combination of magic and ninja moves was an unusual addition. Her stepmother is so horrid but also kind of fun because she keeps stacking up challenges to Cinderella who keeps passing them. The prince is great and he gets a bit more development than in the traditional fairy tale. The stepsisters were also colorful and there are a few other characters who help Cindy on her path. And Cinderella is the one who gets to finally defeat the evil stepmother!

Overall, love and belief in yourself are the takeaway messages. I definitely recommend this for a cute quick read. [I also recommend that you don't use the wand when that choice is presented-I thought the consequences of that choice were better than when you use the wand. But you can read both and decide on your own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinderella.