David Erickson's Reviews > Roses are Red

Roses are Red by James Patterson

Dec 11, 10

Read in December, 2010

I felt this wasn't the best of the Alex Cross series, but it was very good. The wirting pattern makes it easy to set the book down and come back to it.

The one thing that annoys me is that the biggest bad guy never seems to get his nailed. While in some of the books, some of the bad guys are figured out and brought to justice, but dang I want to see the worst of the worst - the mastermind - nailed. I know this makes it possible for a same theme sequel, but it leaves an unsatisfactory aftertaste.

I purposely purchased 'Violets are Blue' to see Alex catch the mastermind, but in looking up the novel, I discovered that he once again eludes capture. Then I learn the Weasel is still at large too. As Alex Cross says, he's in an ongoing nightmare he can't seem to shake, but us readers deserve a break too. Alex nails the current bad guys, but the really bad guys, the ones who torment him, never get caught.

I'm not sure I'm going to pick up the sequel to "Violets are Blue'. It's way past time for Patterson to let Alex finally nail the Weasel and the Mastermind and move on.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roses are Red.