Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > Awake at Dawn

Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter

THE FAERYS VIEW

Kylie and her cabin-mate besties vampire Della and witch Miranda are back in the thick of it at Shadow Falls in Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter. A fantastic follow-up to Born at Midnight, I was ecstatic when I got my copy in the mail and proceeded to put all other things aside as I lost myself in a world full of young paranormals at a ‘special’ camp soon to be a school where they explore and learn to control their gifts.

At Shadow Falls, an extremely peaceful setting all is not as it seems. Danger is always lurking, especially for Kylie. Along with the danger, Kylie also has her fair share of romance lurking! There’s a fair amount of hilarity in the repertoire between Della and Miranda who are much closer now but still have me giggling at their insults to one another. They’re laugh at loud funny and when they’re bickering there’s the ‘I can pick on her but if anyone else does I’ll kick their butt’ attitude. The three of them are loyal friends and I love the relationship that C.C. has built between them.

Kylie is seeing Derek in Lucas’s absence and to be true, I don’t really like it. I’m Team Lucas all the way! Derek’s a great guy but he just doesn’t fit the bill and Kylie holds back from fully letting herself fall for Derek, for a few reasons, the biggest is in hopes of Lucas’s return-even though he is with his vengeful ex, Fredrika, who has tried to tear her to shreds in more ways than one in the past.
Holiday, the camp leader is Kylies mentor but also more like a big sister and helps Kylie deal with the stress on not knowing exactly ‘what’ she is. I love the relationship they have and how Kylie takes an active role in Holidays love life by giving her some of her own advice back.

I love C.C.’s plot in this series, it wraps you up and takes you on a mystery trip of twists and turns; the characters are relatable with real emotions, the narrative tight and the action at a perfect pace! I am so looking forward to Taken at Dusk!

THE FAERY SAYS YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awake at Dawn.