Jeff Raymond's Reviews > The Incident Report

The Incident Report by Martha Baillie

Apr 30, 2014

bookshelves: read-general-fiction
Read on April 29, 2014

My tolerance for experimental fiction is admittedly low, and I didn't know that The Incident Report was that type of book going in. That's okay, though, because it's actually pretty good.

The story follows the life of a librarian through various branch incident reports. Between the tales of different patrons and their activities (man, that takes me back...) is a tale of some creepy, perhaps mentally-imbalanced stalking.

The story is a fairly fast one, a many of the almost 200 pages only have a couple lines on them, so our exposure to what's going on outside of the library is limited with some exceptions. The way the book is structured both works and doesn't, but the gimmick doesn't end up taking away from the actual story which is important.

I can't really recommend this to everyone as it's pretty different, but if you're looking for that as well as something that doesn't require a massive time investment, you should seek this out if you can.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Incident Report.

04/29/2014 marked as: currently-reading