Atunah's Reviews > Magic Bleeds

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

Aug 11, 13

bookshelves: kindle-own-paid, urban-fantasy, purchased-2013, read-2013
Read from August 09 to 11, 2013

Probably my favorite urban fantasy series.
The world created is just simply fantastic.
The world is exhausting, painful, gritty, disgusting, dark. Basically bloody marvelous. :)

I don't want to leave. Which is really disturbing. :)

Nobody ever gets a break, its just always non stop survival.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bleeds.

08/09/2013 marked as: currently-reading
08/11/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I like what I'm reading, but if it's anything close to Anne Bishop's Black Jewels series I'd say the hell with the blood-pumping intrigue and tension and fantastic world-building and simply skip it...I'm hoping it's not though...Or is it?

Atunah I never read Anne Bishop, so I don't know what that is about. Is that urban fantasy too? Something else to check out now, lol.
I have to say though that I got hooked on this series from the first book.
I do have to read other stuff in between though. Like I started a historical romance after this one. I like to switch it up a bit.

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra As I remember, Anne Bishop was not an urban fantasy as much as fantasy itself, but it's been ages since I've tried reading it so I can guarantee. What I can say is that the writing was not to my liking and neither was the plot. It's best you try it for yourself and see. The ratings huge for that one...dunno why though...
I guess I'll try your series too, since it doesn't seem to be like Bishop's! :D
I always have a lot of ongoing reads, so throwing an urban fantasy in the middle won't hurt! hahaha

Atunah I think I only read one fantasy romance. But I am not too much into fantasy. With urban fantasy, I still get earth, a earth city, almost like a alternate thing in our world.

When its some completely made up world and has elves and dragons and things like that, I am not into it.

I also struggle with witches and novels that are mostly about that. Not sure why. I don't mind vampires, shape shifters, or other magic thingies. But something about witches I have a hard time getting into. :)

message 5: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 12, 2013 02:08PM) (new)

Alexandra The thing with urban fantasy is that there are a lot more series out there than series with high fantasy mixed with romance. So, yeah, there isn't much to pick from, but there are so many supernatural romances that are simply dirt, horribly written and so unoriginal! So, that's why I prefer fantasy over anything else, especially over supernatural junk! If you want some really good fantasy-romances ask me anytime, since I've researched a lot on this genre before picking something up...lol Oh and don't worry, no witches! I also have some urban fantasies that I adore and kind of consider them exceptions of their low-grade genre. You might like those too! :D