Carrie's Reviews > Unforgivable

Unforgivable by Laura Griffin

Dec 21, 10

bookshelves: contemporary, read-2010, suspense, law-enforcement, pi-security-service
Read from December 20 to 21, 2010

Another great romantic suspense by Griffin. Every book she's written has been excellent. The suspense plot in Unforgivable was very well done. I'd have loved to read more about the forensics, especially since Mia is a DNA specialist, but what was there was very interesting. I actually liked both main characters, Mia and Ric, and enjoyed the character development. Even though they both hid information and emotions, the author did a great job of keeping them in character and making the emotional confusion seem appropriate. I would have liked a little more discussion of Ric's change of heart, although that was developed over the last part of the book, at least, and not just sprung on the reader full-blown on the last page.

The secondary characters are, as usual, well done and I look forward to Jonah and Sophie's book coming next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unforgivable.

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 10: by Jane (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane Stewart I loved some of her books, but I was disappointed with Unspeakable which came out last summer. So I hesitated buying more. But, after reading your review, I want to give her another try. Thanks Carrie.

Carrie I just suggested to Norma we do some book swapping. If you don't want to buy this, I'll send it to you.

Jane Stewart Oh thank you. I already ordered it.

Norma So did you two ladies read two different books? I was just contemplating reading this and read Jane's and Carrie's reviews. It's not like you ladies to be so far apart!

Carrie LOL, Norma. I know. I forgave Jane her error. ;-) (just kidding) We do generally agree, but when we disagree, we disagree with a vengeance. It's that way with my daughter Hannah and me, too. We generally agree, but if you compare out reviews, you'd see we have some widely divergent views on some books. Like Jane said on her comment thread, it's no fun to be surrounded by "yes" men. ;-)

Norma So true! I don't have this one, but I think my library might. I was undecided, but now I feel like I have to read it to see who's side I'm on!

Jane Stewart This reminds me of the three of us being all over the place with J. Crusie. I have NO idea WHY. A mystery?!?

Norma, I think Carrie and I just canceled each other out, so consider this virgin territory and give it a go.

Carrie He he. I think Welcome to Temptation was the only one we have really divergent feeling about. the rest are at least within a star of each other. Although i think if I reread Fast women now, I might rate it higher than 3 stars. I keep thinking of that book and Crusie's edgy agenda about marriage and male/female relationships. I might give it a try in audio.

BTW- Happy Thanksgiving Norma and Jane!!

Norma Happy Thanksgiving to both of you! I'm thankful to know both of you!

Jane Stewart What nice feelings. Thanks guys. Norma says it well. And I’m thankful to know both of you too. Happy Thanksgiving Carrie and Norma!