Angela James's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: 2010, ya, my-faves

So I decided to pop it open just to see and I got sucked into the book immediately by a wonderful narrative voice. I enjoyed the heroine and this book immensely, and despite the fact that there are predictable moments in the book, the narrative voice elevates the story past that. The romantic elements are captivating and I even enjoyed the secondary characters. Frankly, I found myself sneaking in reading a few pages while I waited for my computer to complete a task or while I was eating lunch.

Overall, I recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance. I have great admiration for an author who makes a story seem so effortless to read and enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Angela James How much did I like this book? I came back to add a review after Goodreads ate my original review. Since I'm rarely moved to review a book, I know I liked it. YA is not my normal genre, and especially not contemporary YA--I tend to read more in the fantasy/paranormal YA genres if I do. But I saw three people mention this book in the space of a few days and then discovered it on my Kindle--must have offered it for free for a few days?