Shelli's Reviews > Mastered By Love

Dec 13, 10

bookshelves: historical-romaance, read-in-2010
Recommended to Shelli by: Pam
Read from December 06 to 12, 2010

A bit predictable. I rather liked Minerva & Royce as a couple, but it was obvious those two were going to end up together, so there was no real suspense. Since this was book #8 in a series, and the first one I've read, there seemed to be a lot of back story to these characters that I didn't fully understand. Despite that, I was able to follow along with most of the characters and their motivations. The traitor in the story seemed like it was written in as an after thought, perhaps a continuation of the plot from book #7? Seemed like the author just need to plug in a few references to the other books to consider it a part of her series! Honestly, these could have been any two characters from the ton and the story would have read the same.

I didn't like how most of the story jumped between Minerva & Royce's POV, and then all of a sudden the POV switched to the traitor's POV. The transitions could have been better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mastered By Love.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amber Hutchison the traitor was talked about in book 3 and on especially detailed in 3 or 4 and 6. you definitely should have read 1-7 first now you know who dalziel "royce" is and there will be no mystery to any of the other books

Shelli Oh wow, thanks for the update! Maybe I'll start the series from book 1 and pretend I don't know who Royce is. :-)