Claire's Reviews > Life And Laughing: My Story

Life And Laughing by Michael  McIntyre

Dec 10, 10

bookshelves: biography, non-fiction
Read from December 09 to 10, 2010

Michael McIntyre's life and times is all told in this very adorable book. Yes that is what I would choose to describe it as. All in all, he is a sweetheart. Telling his tales from his parents messy relationship and divorce, including funny details of how the decor in his house changed from 80's to 90's, their new relationships, his siblings and family life.

The tragic death of his father when he was only 17, puts him on a more determined path, and after a gap year, where he tells the story of losing his virginity, he gets into Edinburgh university, although he wasn't sure what course he was studying..it was a science!

After dropping out, he began to realize that he was funny, and people liked that about him. So he decided to try being a comedian. He chronicles the start of his standup, and working so hard throughout to clear his debts. He tells how he met his wife (also through hard work) and is so, so sweet about how much he loves her, you can really tell.

All in all, this is a very sweet, very interesting book about Michael's life, and it is very funny, I was laughing by page 3.

Oh and I don't understand how he didn't get girls. This man is gorgeous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life And Laughing.

12/09/2010 page 207