Laurie's Reviews > Creation in Death

Creation in Death by J.D. Robb

Jan 24, 08

Read in February, 2008

Nora Roberts is such a prolific and talented author. She is a joy to read always. This "In Death" series is really fun to read because the characters are the same with different people added and leaving along the way. The characters of Roarke, Mira, Feeney, Whitney, Trueheart, Peabody, and many others are multi-faceted and I have become interested in all of their lives. I especially love to hear the "In Death" series on CD. Susan Ericksen does a fabulous job with different voice for all the characters. I particularly love her voice for Peabody.

My favorite character is the main character of Eve Dallas, a police detective in homicide in New York in the 2050's. It is fascinating to notice different things like the "drying tube after your shower" "a machine that automatically makes meals" and many other inventions of the future. I love Eve so much because she is so admirable. She was sexually abused by her father and has grown up determined to fight for the victim and nothing will stand in her way.

One hard thing about reading her novels (especially this one) is the detail that she goes into about the murder and torture that sometimes proceeds them. I don't like that part. I do believe, though, that there is evil in the world and we all need to do our part to help.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creation in Death.