Candace's Reviews > The Ghost Hunter

The Ghost Hunter by Lori Brighton

Dec 20, 2010

liked it
Read from December 09 to 13, 2010

This book ended up being pretty good! I thought the story line was great and was unique enough it didn't at all feel repetitive. I love that it was full of supernatural beings and how the entire world worked, including the angels.
I didn't love the main character, Ashley. I didn't feel much of a connection with her and I found her to be a bit annoying. She didn't know what she wanted and was horrible about seeing the truth that was right in front of her. It certainly didn't ruin the story for me though, just knocked it down a notch.
I loved Cristian and thought he was a super hot hunk of Angel. It did bug me that he didn't talk to Ashley and fill her in, instead he just pushed her away and tried to get her to leave. There was the cat and mouse here, like usual in paranormal romance, where they constantly deny themselves to each other. That was a downside to me- but that's a common theme so it's certainly nothing new.
The story was easy to read and I enjoyed it while I was reading it. I wasn't blown away by any means, but I really liked the concept of everything. Keep in mind that although I love paranormal I think I'm more of an urban fantasy fan because so many aspects of the romance in books drives me bonkers. There are some authors I still read diligently despite this, but I want you all aware that the way romance tends to play out in adult books normally bothers me. If you like paranormal romance you'll likely like this one, give it a shot!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost Hunter.

12/09/2010 page 17