Emily May's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Oct 27, 2012

bookshelves: mystery-thriller-horror

I'm a big lover of Agatha Christie, she has written some fantastic murder mysteries and her stories never get tiring. But this is the one that just comes out on top every time.

It partly, and quite amusingly, reminds me of that old American murder mystery in Sunset Beach. Basically, they're the only ones on this island and someone is killing them off one by one in accordance with the Ten Little Indians rhyme . And I swear I never saw it coming, and I'm usually very good at it. It's just a very clever novel, full of mystery and suspense and easily quite frightening at times.

I like how Agatha Christie doesn't have to write a 500 page novel with a massive back story, her mysteries are very simply put together but always clever and hard to decipher. I would recommend this book to everyone.
108 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.

message 1: by J.P. (new)

J.P. Choquette Nice review--I agree, her stories never get tiring. And I like that her stories are edge-of-your-seat suspenseful without being overly gory or disgusting, just to titillate readers. I think of them as "classy mysteries."

Emily May Thank you, "classy mysteries" is definitely a great way to describe them :)

Andrew I agree. I've finished the book in this days, the first I read by Agatha Christie. This is the genre of story that you follow to the end, without digressions or secondary stories in it. Great author.

Emily May I'm glad you enjoyed your first Christie! I take it you will be reading more of her mysteries?

Andrew I like her style and I think I'll read more of her books in future. I saw that you have so much books of her, expecially Poirot series. Do you have a preference for this character?

Emily May Oh yes, I love Poirot. But I just really like Christie's books in general, she certainly knows how to tell a good story.

neddy amazing review
simple and nice
just like Agatha's mysteries

Emily May Thank you :)

Mickey Wow nice review.
The book was just awesome.
Agatha Christie is brilliant!

Emily May Thanks Mickey! I completely agree :)

Mickey I loved so much this book that I have its photo on my profile.
I like seeing that many people liked this book, too.

Beth (Ducky) I was getting paranoid and very jumpy while I was reading this at 4 AM last night. SO good

message 13: by Vane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vane J. I'm planning to read a book (or books) by Agatha Cristie, and since it seems you enjoyed this one that much, I think I'll start with this one.

Great review, Emily! :)

Emily May Thank you, Vane! I hope you like the world of Ms Christie ;)

message 15: by Vane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vane J. I'm glad I read it! I liked it a lot. The plot-twist were great and I couldn't stop reading because I was too thrilled about the murderer. I wanted to guess who he/she was before the ending. I almost did, but then I got confounded. Again, great review! :)

Emily May Thanks, Vane! Good job for being close, I was completely clueless :D

Gaston Hi emily, i loved this one and five little pigs and I just recently buy a few more from Agatha. Which one you'd recommend to read next?
Love your reviews btw.

Emily May Gaston wrote: "Hi emily, i loved this one and five little pigs and I just recently buy a few more from Agatha. Which one you'd recommend to read next?
Love your reviews btw."

Thank you! I also really liked The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

message 19: by Scott (new)

Scott D. I think I may be in love with you Emily lol, you are gorgeous!

Miquel Reina For me this is the Top One too Emily! ;)

message 21: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon L There is a mini-series now, you should give it a try. it was fantastic! :)