Emily May's Reviews > Macbeth

Macbeth by William Shakespeare

May 17, 15

bookshelves: classics, plays, favourites

Still my favourite Shakespeare play? I think so.
Language-wise, Shakespeare is always a master. He invented many a word and phrase that we all use even today, centuries later. But some of the stories and characters are better than others. Macbeth, in my opinion, sits near the top of the pile. The witches and their fateful prophecies, the bloody betrayals, the madness of Lady Macbeth, and the tragedy of Macbeth himself. Bringing about his own prophesised downfall, step by step. Nothing short of genius.
13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Macbeth.

message 1: by Vane (last edited Feb 16, 2015 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vane You're lucky to have grown up with Shakespeare. I'm gonna try to read all his works this year, but it's a difficult task. It's worth it, but it's a hard one.

Emily May I know, but definitely worth it. Do you like theatre too? If you enjoy his plays, I really recommend seeing them live.

Vane Emily May wrote: "I know, but definitely worth it. Do you like theatre too? If you enjoy his plays, I really recommend seeing them live."

You have seen them live? I suppose it must be a grateful experience, having read his works. Unfortunately, as popular as Shakespeare is where I live, theatre is not such a popular way of entertainment here. There are, now and then, some interpretations, but I've never heard of Shakespeare. Thanks for the rec, though.

Emily May Ah yes, I didn't think of that. I suppose Shakespearean theatre is a lot more popular in the UK. Well, if you ever visit, you should see one! ^_^

Vane Emily May wrote: "Ah yes, I didn't think of that. I suppose Shakespearean theatre is a lot more popular in the UK. Well, if you ever visit, you should see one! ^_^"

Well, it makes sense that Shakespeare's plays are more popular in the UK than in here, but I'll obviously see one if I visit there ( I mean, when I visit there, since my plans are to get my master's degree in the UK) :)

Emily May Vane wrote: "Emily May wrote: "Ah yes, I didn't think of that. I suppose Shakespearean theatre is a lot more popular in the UK. Well, if you ever visit, you should see one! ^_^"

Well, it makes sense that Shake..."

Really? So cool! Do you have any idea where you'd want to study?

message 7: by Vane (last edited Feb 16, 2015 10:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vane Emily May wrote: "Vane wrote: "Emily May wrote: "Ah yes, I didn't think of that. I suppose Shakespearean theatre is a lot more popular in the UK. Well, if you ever visit, you should see one! ^_^"

Well, it makes sen..."

Not at all. Right now, I'm just starting University, so I still have no clue as to that. I guess I'll have more of an idea with time, in the meanwhile, I'll continue my studies.