Kristin's Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Dec 09, 2010

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from December 10 to 12, 2010

Mercedes, aka "Mercy" finds herself caught between the Vampires and the Werewolves of Tri-Cities once again, this time pitting her against a vampire-sorcerer. The Vampires, Werewolves and Fae are all deathly afraid of this creature, but it seems that everyone has pinned their hopes on Mercy being able to kill it. Now, this does, at first reading, seem to be at the very best, corny, but oddly, Briggs makes it work and she does it well. Book two was fast paced, a well thought out plot, and very interesting characters. And, because this is book two, the characters start to flesh out a bit more (no pun intended).

My complaint with this book was, because it was book two, that the author had to keep filling in background material covered in book one, for those poor souls who were by chance not fortunate enough to start with book one. More than once I found myself going yeah,yeah yeah, story already! as the why fore and how were filled in. The downside to a series, I suppose, but I kept wondering if it couldn't have been done a bit more succinctly.

Nuff said. Off to find book three.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.