Kara's Reviews > All We Ever Wanted Was Everything

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything by Janelle Brown

Dec 19, 10

Read in December, 2010

This book was good, it was a 4 star if you like drama books-you know the ones about real life problems that are so big and life keeps coming at you? I read to totally escape, I want no reminders of real life when I read! This was a story of Janice, who gave everything her career, her bohemian nature, everything to make sure her husband of 27 years could be successful and he leaves her for her best friend and cuts her out of the major business deal that would have made single life for her a lot easier. Her 14 year old daughter Lizzie, who is socially outcast, at first because she is fat, then when she loses all the weight and her dad kind of simultaneously she turns to male affection and gets REAL popular. This causes all kinds of other problems. Then we have the perfect daughter, Margaret, who chased her dream and it made her bankrupt. She comes back home to hide from creditors. The problems keep coming. On top of all of this is the weird chemistry with moms and daughters and sisters that just adds salt to the many wounds. So, was it a good book, yes. Did it exhaust me to read it (I actually listened to this one and it was well done), yes. Sometimes I want my own real life to go away, I don't want someone elses' on top of it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All We Ever Wanted Was Everything.