mark monday's Reviews > Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

131922
Dec 08, 2010

bookshelves: choose-ur-adventure

Choose Your Own Adventure!

You are Mr. Ratchett. Or are you? Fame is not something you crave; comfortable retreat is your desired goal. You do not have a nice face and foreigners appear to hold that against you. In fact, all the passengers on this express ride through Europe seem to find displeasure in looking at what you consider to be a rather dignified and intelligent face. It is mystifying! Why all the cold shoulders? Why all the quickly averted glances? Why the anonymous notes? Your frustration mounts; you do not like mysteries. Surely it is time to disembark... perhaps forever? Whatever is an American abroad to do?

If you decide that to bury yourself in a good book and just ignore all the clowns around you, then choose http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

If you decide that for whoever the bell tolls, it will never toll for you, choose http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Orient Express.

02/07/2016 marked as: read

Miriam Awesome, mark! Man, this really brings home how freakin' many books Christie wrote.

mark monday thanks Miriam!

message 3: by Whitaker (new)

Whitaker Ohhhh, this has given me a craving for Agatha Christie.

mark monday she really is one of the best. well-deserving of her classic status. right now i want to read the last Miss Marple mystery, i think it is called Sleeping Murder. one of the few remaining Christies that i haven't read yet.

Saretta This path of reviews is a great idea!

David Sarkies This must have taken you ages to do. I take it you've read all of her novels?

mark monday most of a rainy day. I was down with the flu yet flying high on flu medication. I put that nervous energy to use.

mark monday and no I have not! still a good handful to go. especially looking forward to Marple's last.

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew my god there are a lot of books Agatha Christie wrote

message 10: by mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

mark monday indeed!

Miriam mark wrote: "most of a rainy day. I was down with the flu yet flying high on flu medication. I put that nervous energy to use."

I spent a really sick day this summer reading old Christie paperbacks. She's somehow perfect for that. You'd think the plots would be hard to follow when fog-headed, but somehow no.

message 12: by mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

mark monday I've done that too. she's perfect for that, especially if it is raining.

Miriam British mysteries always go best with rain. Being ill, not so much. I like to bake the germs out in the hot sun.