Jarucia's Reviews > Russell Wiley Is Out to Lunch

Russell Wiley Is Out to Lunch by Richard Hine

Dec 08, 10

Read in November, 2010

Funny, Humorous and Light..I dub thee 'chuck-lit'.

(Chuck-lit...chick-lit for men but manly.)

I'd love to say "If you loved Bridget Jones..." but I know the 'industry' would shake their head at that.

I don't care. I love Bridget Jones and now I love Russell Wiley.

From beginning to end, this had me laughing out loud. From office Unicorns to be-proud-of-me poopies there wasn't a TIC comic take on any of the office on-goings at the Daily Business Chronicle that I didn't get or that I didn't laugh at.

I'm not normally a fan of the tense and POV Mr. Hine adopts for this book, but I make an exception here. First person present was like being in a well-crafted reality show, without the hokieness of breakaways to 'confession' rooms.

Russel is a smart, likable character who's average enough for most of us to relate to. It's easy enjoying this book for that reason.

As I'm now a stay at home mom, I kept thinking of all the people I knew--still tethered to the business world--who'd get a warm fuzzy feeling from reading this book. I passed it along to my husband first(a staffing sales director), and as he sits next to me in bed at night reading it, I knew I was right: not three minutes can pass without an audible laugh.

I happened to purchase the Kindle version of this book which was GREAT, because I was able to read it on my Droid or my iPad or my Kindle, seamlessly (so long as there was enough time between syncing and switching devises).

Overall, if you appreciate smart, sexy satire, then you'll be down with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Russell Wiley Is Out to Lunch.