Sheila's Reviews > Death of a Cad

Death of a Cad by M.C. Beaton

Dec 09, 2010

it was ok
Read on December 08, 2010

OK. So this is the 2nd or 3rd book in this series that I have read and I just don't get the fascination with these books. I always keep the series in mind when doing a challenge that needs a book about Scotland but way too many hard to pronounce names. In this book particularly the snobbish upper crust and their treatment of Hamish is downright shameful. I couldn't wait to finish this one and really don't think I will read any further in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death of a Cad.

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman Sheila, I could never get behind Hamish Macbeth either, but Agatha Raisin...now there's a fun read. I have never understood why I liked the one and not the other, they are two distinctly written personalities...hard to believe they came from the same person.

Sheila Hi Carol, thanks for commenting. I'll have to give the other series a try and not write off the entire M.C. Beaton collection.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.) I like the Agatha Raisin books better too. I also love the author's regency books written under her real name Marion Chesney.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman I read that, that she wrote under the name Marion Chesney...I will have to try the Regency Series too.