Annika Paxman's Reviews > Faith Precedes the Miracle

Faith Precedes the Miracle by Spencer W. Kimball

Mar 28, 11

Read from December 08, 2010 to March 25, 2011

My husband and I decided to read this in the evenings together. I believe every one of us at some point in our live has sought a miracle. The first chapter of this book delves immediately into the religious aspects of asking God for a miracle, and the role faith has in such a request.
We are immediately taken into the Old Testament and shown examples of prophet showing their faith before receiving their miracle.

The most moving example for me personally, was being that of Abraham and Isaac. Kimball points out that it wasn't until Abraham showed his faith in the Lord by placing Isaac upon the altar before the angel appeared as well as the ram in the thicket.

Not only does this work cover the topic of faith, but prayer, obedience, marriage, prejudice, and more. In turn, my husband and I enjoyed some very good religious discussions concerning these subjects. This is one that I would recommend to anyone seeking for something uplifting, and enlightening.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith Precedes the Miracle.

01/10/2011 page 205