Estara's Reviews > Gunshy

Feb 13, 13

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2010, re-read, read-in-2013
Recommended for: fans of Maine and mystery and Sharon Lee
Read on February 13, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: 2

I really loved that the focus of this book was on Jennifer finally making more connections - of her own volition and not just thrust upon her - within the community of Wimsy and of course with Fox. I also loved the fact that this is not a romance - the time frame would make that much too cliché. I missed Marian here, but there was a lot more about the other inhabitants of Wimsy.

Actually I could have done without the mystery altogether, it's just such a lovely slice of life of a person growing more comfortable with herself and the place she is at. There are hints that more books were planned. I'd buy the next one if I could get it.

1st read December 13th-14th, 2010
_____________________
There is no fantastic or magical realist in this second book, I should have added. And Marian does show up, she just doesn't have as important a role as in the first book. We do get a closer look at Jen's editor and her newspaper, which was interesting.

The Wiccan couple that was the focus of the crime in the first novel doesn't show up. I wonder if they moved.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gunshy.