Kristina's Reviews > The Demon's Covenant

The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan

1966353
Feb 09, 11

The Demon's Covenant is the sensational follow up to The Demon's Lexicon. This book follows brothers, Alan and Nick as they struggle with Nick's new demon powers, as well as twins, Jamie and Mae, who are dealing with problems of their own. Jamie's one-liners in this book were hilarious and his character has evolved so much since when we last saw him. I'm not sure if this is because Jamie has opened up more around Alan and Nick, who saved his life in the last book, or he is becoming more confident in his abilities as a magician. In Brennan's world, magicians=bad, and many covenants are trying to recruit Jamie, much to the dismay of Mae, Alan, and Nick. One thing I absolutely love about these books is the brotherly dynamic between Alan and Nick. **Spoilers for The Demon's Lexicon** We learn in the last book that Alan and Nick aren't actually blood brothers. Alan's dad took Nick and Nick's mother in, and Nick always believed that this was his father. Only Alan knew the truth. Oh, and there was also this tiny issue that Nick is actually a demon, who, with the help of an evil magician, possessed Nick's dead baby body. So basically, even though Alan is the sweetest guy you would ever meet who has lied to his brother his entire life to protect him, and Nick is a demon incapable of any emotions or feelings, loves his brother, in his own, messed-up demon way. I just love the scenes when the two of them are together, and I love how much they care about each other. I would recommend this book to anyone in need of an amazing read! The third, and final book in this series is scheduled to be released June 14, 2011 and is called The Demon's Surrender.

To read more of my reviews, go to my website: http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon's Covenant.