Zeek's Reviews > Blood and Fire

Blood and Fire by Shannon McKenna

Mar 05, 12

liked it
bookshelves: favorite-author, rom-suspense, romance, suspense-thriller
Read from February 22 to 29, 2012

3.5 out of 5.

Bruno Ranieri is tormented by the death of his mother at the hands of an abusive boyfriend. However he doesn’t know the true reason behind her death - and what he doesn’t know is about to get him killed. Lily Parr is on the run because of unknown factors involving her own parentage-but what she does know is that Bruno has a key to unlock the mystery. Their pasts are intertwined- just as their present and future is about to be. Funny thing is, they may end up being perfect for each other- if they can stay alive.

Typical McKenna- smoking hot romance mixed with a twisted evil psychopath bent on making the H/hs' lives hell. This one is particularly over-the-top on that end and, frankly I skimmed much of the psycho cloning bullshit going on, till towards the end when the big reveal occurred.

I did like Bruno and Lily an awful lot, however the book didn’t really take off for me till Bruno’s adopted brother Kev McCloud- and Kev's real brothers- showed up. The McCloud bros showdown with Kev is what I'd been waiting for since the last book and it didn’t disappoint. (I laughed thru a knot in my throat through some of it.) I also loved seeing the ladies. For those reasons alone the book gets a bump in review.

Another plus for the book is of course Bruno. Handsome, charming, compassionate and loyal, I really enjoyed getting to know him. He wasn’t as “alpha male” as the rest of the McClouds, but he sure makes you sit up and take notice. ::bobbing eyebrows::

McKenna, please don’t stop writing- but can we find a better plot device next time?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Fire.

02/27/2012 page 161
32.0% 7 comments
02/27/2012 page 301
60.0% "FINALLY. Forget all the psycho cloneing bullshit- the Mccloud bros showdown with Kev is what I've been waiting for since the LAST book. ugh"
02/27/2012 page 356
71.0% "Stupid evil psycho asshole. I want to kick him in the nuts and piss on his bones myself. I need a break from asshole badguy plotlines. I'm thinking next read needs to be a something that makes me laugh..." 2 comments

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Great review Zeek!