Namratha's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Feb 10, 2016

bookshelves: classics, chick-lit, books-i-love, currently-reading

02/10 marked as: to-read
02/10 marked as: currently-reading
02/10 page 1
0.0% "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."
02/10 page 3
0.0% ""You take delight in vexing me. You have no compassion on my poor nerves."

"You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for your nerves. They are my old friends. I have heard you mention them with consideration these twenty years at least.""
02/11 page 10
2.0% ""She is tolerable; but not handsome enough to tempt me.""
02/11 page 15
3.0% "Bingley was sure of being liked wherever he appeared; Darcy was continually giving offence."
02/11 page 18
4.0% ""and I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.""
02/11 page 25
5.0% ""A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment. ""
02/11 page 30
6.0% ""Well, my dear," said Mr. Bennet, when Elizabeth had read the note aloud, "if your daughter should have a dangerous fit of illness, if she should die, it would be a comfort to know that it was all in pursuit of Mr. Bingley, and under your orders.""
02/28 page 86
19.0% "“ I dare say you will find him very agreeable.”
“ Heaven forbid! That should be the greatest misfortune of all! To find a man agreeable whom one is determined to hate! Do not wish me such an evil.”"
02/28 page 87
20.0% "“For I have seen a great similarity in the turn of our minds. We are each of an unsocial, taciturn disposition, unwilling to speak, unless we expect to say something that will amaze the whole room, and be handed down to posterity with all the eclat of a proverb.”"
02/28 page 89
20.0% "“ It is particularly incumbent on those who never change their opinion, to be secure of judging properly at first.”"
02/28 page 101
23.0% "“ I do assure you that I am not one of those young ladies (if such young ladies are there) who are so daring as to risk their happiness on the chance of being asked a second time. I am perfectly serious in my refusal.”"
02/28 page 103
23.0% "“ I have no pretensions whatever to that kind of elegance which consists in tormenting a respectable man. I would rather be paid the compliment of being believed sincere.”"
02/28 page 106
24.0% "“ An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents.Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr.Collins, and I will never see you again if you do.”"