Erika Badass's Reviews > No Turning Back

No Turning Back by Kaylea Cross

Jun 29, 11

Read from June 28 to 29, 2011

This book was really, really good. Kaylea Cross is a fantastic Romantic Suspense author. This book was conflict personified. It was intense. From page one, until the epilogue it had me on the edge of my seat, gripping my kindle tight.

Book two COVER OF DARKNESS should be read before this one. Book one would be helpful for getting some back story on Luke, but it's not necessary to the story ARC.

Was it a perfect novel? No. Are there really any perfect novels? Nah.

It is gripping, intense, emotional, intriguing, speculative and secretive though.

Ben is a former Army Ranger turned private contractor. He is aiding Luke in searching for Terrazhi, after the events that took place in book two. He is having such a hard time trusting Samarra (Sam) who disappeared at the end of book two with no word to anyone. This novel starts out with her on the run, and what happened congruently at the end of Cover of Darkness.

Samarra is a CIA operative, but not a combat operative. She is a communications expert. When coincidences fly off the hook, her team, and Ben, look at her with suspicion. Is she guilty? Did she betray them all in order to save her cousin who was kidnapped?

Even the epilogue kept me guessing. Dam I need something light and fluffy right now, but I'm fighting the urge to buy the next two in the series and continuing right now!!

You won't be disappointed if you buy these!

They are heavy on the suspense, and a bit lighter in the romance, but it was still very good. Very dark. I was strung out reading this one lol. I felt so bad for Samarra. And Ben. And Rhys. And Luke. Oh God, I want to know how Luke is fairing. I'm still not exactly sure what happened to him out on that mountain!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Turning Back.

06/29/2011

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regina (new)

Regina Oh cool! Looking forward to your review.

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina So glad you are loving these. I really liked #1 and thought #2 was meh, do you think that #3-5 are stronger than 2?

Erika  Badass 3-5 are stronger than 1 & 2. I liked two, but the rest were really good. 4&5 are more romance based than 2 and 3 though. 5 was very emotional

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina Thanks!