Hira's Reviews > The Murderer's Daughters

The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers

May 16, 2011

Read from May 09 to 16, 2011

In this wonderfully written novel, author Randy Susan Meyer has surpassed all my expectations with a debut novel that reads nothing like a debut. Well-crafted characters with depth, the story of Lulu and Merry is one that is sure to touch your heart. It is a true representation of how abuse and childhood trauma can truly stunt the growth of children, emotionally - so much so that they spend their entire lives trying to overcome their emotional handicap. A must read for all. (Detailed Review to come soon).
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Murderer's Daughters.

05/10/2011 page 21
05/11/2011 "This book reads nothing like a debut novel.Meyers has spun a tale so touching,& characters your heart goes out to.I'm broken up inside over Lulu & Merry's pain!"
05/12/2011
59.0% "In the wake of my own loss, the sadness in this book tears my heart to pieces. I'm beyond myself with rage at times, and at times I feel so sad for Lulu and Merry. I wish I could shake their father and ask him, "WHY!?!?" - a wonderfully written book."
show 2 hidden updates…

Hira This book reads nothing like a debut novel.Meyers has spun a tale so touching,& characters your heart goes out to.I'm broken up inside over Lulu & Merry's pain!

Ruth Hill I read this back when I first started reviewing books, and I never noticed this was a debut novel. It certainly did not read like one!

Hira Ruth wrote: "I read this back when I first started reviewing books, and I never noticed this was a debut novel. It certainly did not read like one!"

Precisely, Ruth....it was hard to remember it was a debut BECAUSE it didn't read like one. I'm so glad to know that we both share a love for some of the same kind of books :)