Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)'s Reviews > Unleash the Night

Dec 18, 10

bookshelves: i-own
Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** *Contains detailed sex scenes*

Another good book in the series. It was wonderful.
I liked the plot and the characters and it was very nice to read. It was fast paced and action packed, with the signature sensual romance I’ve come to expect from the Dark Hunter series.
Maggie was a nice enough main female lead, although nothing overly new. She was kind and sweet and she grew throughout the book as the story progressed. I liked that she wasn’t an up-tight senators daughter and that her wealth and class didn’t press upon her.
I really felt for Wren. He’d led such a sad life and I really thought that under everything he was a sweetie. He didn’t deserve to be treated the way he was by people and I was really glad that he found someone like Maggie who loved him and who he could spend this life with.
It was great to see Vane again. He’s one of my all time fave characters in this series. And he and Bride have a son....so cute.
One of the things that shocked me in this book was learning the truth of Sanctuary and the bears. I always thought that they were one big happy family and that they did actually care about the other people at Sanctuary, but they really don’t. I can understand it’s the animal way, and that it’s the survival of the fittest, but I am disappointed they’re not quite who I thought they were.
The only one who seems really human in amongst that group is Aimee and I feel sorry for her and Fang not being able to be together. Even though he’s a wolf and she’s a bear, I want them to be together, I really do.

One of the bits that I enjoyed most in this book was towards the ending when Maggie’s dad first met Wren and she told him about Wren. After the way he father had acted, if it had been me I would have blurted out the truth about who Wren was straight away just to throw it in his face. The way she did it was so much better! I loved how she told her dad that she loved Wren and was going to ‘be with her busboy’ regardless of what he thought and THEN she told him who Wren was in a non bothered way.....all his money and everything. BEST in-your-face moment ever!!! I laughed and smiled so hard.
I really enjoy this series and I look forward to reading the rest of the series

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleash the Night.

Quotes Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I’ve never met anyone who had a monkey for a friend before. (Maggie)
I don’t know. I think those two guys you were with would qualify as primates, but then, that’s an insult to the primate and I don’t want Marvin to get pissed at me. He has higher sensibilities, you know? (Wren)”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Unleash the Night