Amy A's Reviews > Moon Called

F 50x66
Mar 05, 2011

bookshelves: mercy-thompson-universe
Read from March 03 to 05, 2011

I just finished reading River Marked and I found that I missed being in Mercy Thompson's universe so I decided to go back to the beginning. This book is what really got me started on my Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Romance kick I'm on at the moment. It's so nice to find a heroine that is smart, tough, and has a heart. Not that there aren't other heroines out there with the same characteristics, but for me Mercy was the first I read. After this series I actively look for heroines who aren't helpless yet aren't invinsible. It makes me feel more of a connection (if you can say that) to a character in a fantasy book where it's really difficult to understand vampires, werewolves, etc. when they don't really exist in our world.

I like the details of pack life that Patricia Briggs sets us up with. She clearly did a lot of research on real wolf packs. It was something, at the time when I first read the series, that I had not encountered yet.

I liked the relationship development. It's definitely something that will take place over the series but I almost think it's more worth it to see the development rather than have a relationship start right away. When the relationship finally is decided it seems like both characters really worked for it. Initially when I read the book I had thoughts on who I thought Mercy should be with, but by the middle I changed my mind and then changed it back by the end!

Really this series is one of my favorites and I will enjoyed reading it again and again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Called.

Quotes Amy Liked

Patricia Briggs
“A werewolf tossed me against a giant packing crate while I was trying to rescue a frightened young girl who'd been kidnapped by an evil witch and a drug lord.”
Patricia Briggs, Moon Called

Patricia Briggs
“Mine," he said.

Adam's eyes narrowed. "I don't think so. She is mine."

It would have been flattering, I thought, except that at least one of them was talking about dinner and I wasn't certain about the other.”
Patricia Briggs, Moon Called

03/04/2011 page 85
28.0% "This is my 3rd re-read of the Mercy Thompson series. I couldn't help myself after I got done with River Marked and missed all the characters I wanted to see where they all started again!"