Addisont's Reviews > Geist

Geist by Philippa Ballantine

M_50x66
Dec 07, 10

Read in December, 2010

I am a series reader. I love books that span 3, 4 or more books. I grabbed Geist on the recommendation of a friend. I was quickly pulled in. My fantasy reading is limited as most stories haven't grabbed at me the way they used to when I was a teenager. Geist is an exception. I found the story interesting and the characters believable.
The pacing is even for the most part and it never got dull or uninteresting for me. My first thought when I finished was that I need to go get the next one. I hope the series lasts a long time and fully explores the various aspects of the world the author has created. As a reader I wsn't overwhelmed with heavy details about the world or lost in background complexity. The story flowed well and any questions about background were nswered in due time without leaving me scrtching my head wondering wht was going on.
That isn't to say the story was predictable. More than once it took a turn I wasn't expecting. I enjoyed the strong female lead and the growth of her partner.

All in all a very good read and one I am sure I will add to my 'must keep' list and read again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geist.