Katie (Call Me Crazy)'s Reviews > Personal Demons

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Dec 22, 10

bookshelves: reviews, favorites

For some unknown reason I had never heard of this book until I was contacted by the publisher. I was a little turned off by the cover just because it made it seem like a book I wouldn't enjoy. Also possibly the people on the cover look way too old to fit the characters. So why was the universe so against me reading this book? Oh, I know! It knew I would become flipping obsessed with Personal Demons! I finished last night and I cannot get it out of my mind!

Lisa Desrochers' writing is pure genius. I cannot believe she is not a teenager! There was realistic teen lingo without it being overdone or cheesy. Frannie and Luc's voice was just incredible. I found it so easy to put myself into their shoes and feel the same emotions as they did. I absolutely adored the duel narration from Frannie and Luc! It was so much fun being inside their minds as they found themselves falling for one another.

I can't even count the times I laughed my butt off while reading. I loved the play on words(especially from Luc) and just the all around hilarious dialog.

Luc and Gabe were, to put it lightly, perfection. Seriously it's like if the angel and demon on your shoulder were come to life as total studs and seduce you with their charms. They were the complete polar opposites, hot and cold (okay well hot and hotter, but you get what I'm saying).

Not only did Lisa pull of amazingly swoon worthy boys, but she created the perfect leading lady. Frannie was strong, yet vulnerable at times. She was stubborn and knew how to defend herself. Frannie had all of the characteristics of an actual teenage girl. After reading Personal Demons you can't help but fall in love with Frannie! All of the characters change and develop throughout the story making it really awesome to go on this journey with them.

The plot was incredible. There was just full-out shockers that I had never seen coming! There's enough space and explanation to each twist so I didn't get lost going from one to the other.

The ending was everything I could have ever asked for. It kept you on the edge of your seat to the literal end! It perfectly closes the story and had me immediately wanting more!

Awesome Quote:
"I bite back the next remark that pops into my head, which has something to do with Mystery Girl's bra size being larger than her IQ."

Characters: 5/5
Creativity: 5/5
Voice: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Impact: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

As if finding an actual boy was hard enough Lisa Desrochers made it even harder to accept that fictional boys are not real. So that means there is no Luc waiting to tag my soul for Hell. Darn! Personal Demons is a laugh out loud read that will leave you wanting more. If you haven't picked this one up you seriously must! It has romance, action and humor to entertain lovers of any genre.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Personal Demons.

Quotes Katie (Call Me Crazy) Liked

“Gabriel.
This has to be his fault, somehow. I'm going to track him down, pluck out his angel feathers, and stuff a pillow with them.”

Lisa Desrochers
“I'm literally too hot to handle.”

Lisa Desrochers
“But his eyes say what he can’t. I see it, clear as day, even if she doesn’t. He’d give up his wings for her. All she’d have to do is ask.”

Lisa Desrochers
“I walk up right behind Frannie, where she’s sitting near the door, in time to hear her say, “You know what, Tay? Go to Hell,” and I smile, because I think it’s cute that she’s inviting her friends along.”—Luc Cain (p. 36)”