All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Hexbound

Hexbound by Chloe Neill

Dec 07, 10

bookshelves: reviewed-by-abigail

Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

HEXBOUND picks up just weeks after the end of FIRESPELL, Lily is still learning to control her new power and adjusting to her role as a member of the Dark Elite.

As with FIRESPELL, the dialogue is once again fantastic and there is plenty of it. Maybe a little too smart and clever for fifteen/sixteen year olds, but I didn’t care.

The romance in HEXBOUND is much better developed than in the previous book. We find out quite a bit more about Jason than just the fact that he’s gorgeous and a werewolf. There’s plenty of believable new relationship angst and uncertainty too.

I still had problems with the pacing in this installment, as with the previous book, the plot doesn’t really kick in until the halfway mark. It was also overall a thinner story that provided very little in the way of new info about Lily’s abilities or her parents. We do learn more about Reaper and fellow firespell Sebastian, which added an interesting wrinkle to the black/white, good/bad line that Lily had drawn.

Overall, the good from the first book carried over into HEXBOUND, but the not so good carried over too. The dialogue is still super slick, a better romance helped compensate for a slower plot, and a questionable enemy/friend brought a much needed element of conflict that promises to make things even more confusing for Lily (and even better for us) in the next Dark Elite book.

Sexual Content: Kissing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hexbound.